BMW 5 Series E39
since 1996-2001 release
Repair and operation of the car
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Current leaving and service
+ Cooling systems, heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Manual transmission
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
- Brake system
Removal and installation of front brake shoes
Removal and installation of a brake disk/support of a forward brake
Removal and installation of back brake shoes
Removal and installation of back brake supports
Removal and installation of a brake disk of back wheels
Measurement of thickness of a brake disk
Removal of air from the brake system
Replacement of brake pipelines
Replacement of a forward brake hose
Check of the vacuum amplifier of a brake
Removal and installation of brake shoes of the parking brake
Adjustment of the parking brake
Removal and installation of the lever of the parking brake
Removal and installation of a cable of the parking brake
Check and replacement of the switch of a stoplight
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Schemes of electric equipment
+ System of onboard diagnostics
During the work with brake fluid it must be kept in mind the following:
• Brake fluid is poisonous. Do not suck away it through a hose a mouth at all. You store brake fluid only in the capacity which casual use in other purposes is excluded.
• Brake fluid is aggressive. Therefore it is not necessary to allow it contact with paint and varnish coverings if it after all got on a covering, it is necessary to wipe a surface and to wash out a strong stream of water.
• Brake fluid is hygroscopic, i.e. it sucks in moisture from air. Therefore brake fluid should be stored in the closed capacities.
• The brake fluid once used in system should not be applied again. During removal from system of air it is necessary to apply only new liquid also.
• The type of brake fluid is presented in Specifications.
• Do not allow contact of brake fluid with mineral oils. The insignificant amount of mineral oil puts brake fluid out of commission or is the reason of failure of the brake system.
• Replace brake fluid each 2 years, irrespective of the passable distance in kilometers. It is recommended to do it on the expiration of cold season.
• Brake fluid is subject to special utilization. It is impossible to pour out it in the sewerage.